Tuesday, February 5, 2008

weddings/diseases and all the good stuff!

I left the computer off Monday. I was an absolute grump. It was like having nicotine withdrawels, it was honestly THAT bad. Today I turned it on. I spent maybe a total of 30 minutes on it. I am so proud of myself.
I got my tax in the mail today, somehow I managed to make -$694 last year, what a great asset I am to the family!
I got some uni stuff in the mail today, boy am I excited! I can't wait to go int the uni and pick up the book I need for nations and politics. I am seriously thinking about having a closer look at the timetable and changing to doing one day on campus. Being in campus is just so much more motivating than being stuck home on my own, distracted by the internet and housework and blah blah blah.
My son has the MOST terrible immune system, seriously the kid picks up everything, he currently has hand foot and mouth disease, not only had I not heard of it until he had it, but I have NO idea where he got it from, no one else I have heard of around here has had it, so go figure. I think I am going to take him to the naturopath and see if there is anything she can do for him.

We are thinking about getting married soon. April. Maybe. But we cannot afford a huge wedding, nor are we inclined to waste money on one day anyway. But would it be tacky to get married at a registry office and then go out for tea somwhere nice, or have a spit roast, or a BBQ afterwards? LOL. I know it's not ideal, and not most peoples cup of tea, bit honestly for me, it's more about the marriage itself than celebrating the day. I don't need or want a big white fancy dress/limo/120 guests. We have to change Craigs name first, but to do that we have a few other ID issues to sort out, but I am guessing for now it would be roughly in April.
But how on earth do I organise it? If we got married in a registry office then there wold be no wedding photos, although Craig has suggest going on a holiday in the next 12 months and getting some nice photos done overseas, but I don't know.
Thought/comments would be appreciated, especially seeing as I know I have at least ONE reader out there.... HI SJ!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Lauren (formerly kickme-tryme from diaryland). I've been reading and not commenting ;) You could get married on holiday? I always thought it'd be lovely to get hitched on a beach, even if there were no guests.. It'd be nice to have decent photos from the day, even if it's not a big event.

Anonymous said...

hey amber sarah aka cocomo here. no registry office in tas anymore. however you can get yourself a celebrant and marry in your home, in a park, in a garden, in a hall, your choice....let me know if you need a hand.

we got married here:

www.eaglesnestretreat.com.au it cost around $1500 including two nights at that accommodation