Friday, February 22, 2008

Flogging a dead horse

I realise that me whinging about the kids grandparents is equivalent to flogging a dead horse.

But I truly cannot get over the fact that it appears these people DO NOT CARE about their Grandkids.

Why can't they offer to take them to the park for a few hours?
Why can't they taken them for a night?
Why can't they offer to have the kids for a weekend?
Why can't they babysit my kids without stipulations such as, "not before X time, and make sure you are home at X time:

Are my kids that much of a burden to you that you don't want to see them?

Yes, I'm emotional, and sad, I've worked all day today and I'm exhausted, and I tend to cry when I'm really tired.

I wish it was as simple as 'they are the ones who are missing out' but it's not. My bloody kids are the ones who are missing out.

3 comments:

nic said...

I find this so sad yet so so common. It is truly saddening.
My outlaws don't spend time with my kids and upsets my kids greatly. And as you said it is the kids who miss out the most.

On the other hand, my parents see/talk to my kids several times a week.

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

I'm sorry, Amberlee. I'm sorry for your children, and I'm sorry you're hurting for them.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.