Thursday, February 14, 2008

Just between us....

I am excited because I got a new clothesline today *woot* Finally I will have enough room to hang a few loads of washing out, two rails just wasn't cutting it. Pity it's only just in time for the bloody hot weather in Tassie to subside so I can't dry my washing! You know things are dire when you get excited over a new washing line!

But I am preparing for this winter. I have a new clotheshorse (now I have 2) and Craig is putting up some washing line string under our porch so we can dry some clothes under there. I was to use the drier as little as possible this winter. Oh Oh Oh! AND I've already had our first load of wood delivered. Now this might seem strange to you people, but for me this it pure utter organisation, usually I ring the next door neighbour and our conversationg goes like this
Me:" Could I get some wood when you have some spare time please mate?"
Neighbour: "How much do you have?"
Me: (rather sheepishly) "Two pieces"

Then he either brings us a load that day, or if he is too busy he brings us wood from his pile. He is a good neighbour. So in my effort to be organised, and get my entire life in order the wood ordering has started! I plan to order one load a fortnight, and then we shouldn't need to order any for the winter season.

I got out in the garden today, and my lovely neighbours wife came and helped me weed up the side of the house, then we went for a drive to buy some plants. She's going to help me plant them on Saturday. I can't wait to have a garden that looks nice, and a garden that I am proud of! We currently have golden zucchini's growing, so I think I will be making a lot of zucchini slice in the next few weeks. And silverbeet, honestly, what are you supposed to do with a shitload of that stuff? It's tastes atrocious, but I cook it and we eat it for no other reason than that it's good for us. *bleurgh* Our corn is nearly ready to pick, I am so looking forward to that! Our garden this year has been okay, but we haven't had a lof of variety, I can't wait for the next summer season so that we can plant up big and have a higher yield! I bought some broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage seedlings today, I'll be planting those on the weekend too I think.

Okay, well enough boring talk today! Simple things amuse simple minds

No comments: