Saturday, January 12, 2008

Getting my life organised

I never never been this motivated to get healthy before. I am so motivated to walk, and go swimming, when I went for my walk tonight I actually broke into a run, I probably only ended up running like 1/4 of the way, but still, I am the type of person who NEVER runs....unless somethings chasing me :)

My body is being a bit of a PITA, I'm not sure what's going on with it, I won't go into too much detail, but let's jsut say it ain't pretty. So I have no idea when I'm supposed to ovulate. Poor Craig, I guess we will just have to practice some extra, (how on earth will he ever cope with that!?!)

We've started a star/reward chart with Leeara tonight, in the hope it will convince her to go to bed and not carry on anymore, I've told her if she get's 7 stars in a row, she can pick out a new DVD. That probab;y sounds like poor parenting, but I really could care less, the kid needs to start going to bed without mucking around. Tonight she was mostly good, came out to give us her dirty old bandaid, and to go to the toilet, (Must remember to send her to the toilet before bed tomorrow) so based on that, there was no whinging or whining she will get to draw a star on her chart tomorrow. It seems a waste to buy a DVD when she will watch ir 2-3 times and go in the pile of others, but at this point I'm desperate. I do NOT want to be the kind of Mother who yells and does the lolly at her kids and scares them, I want to be a rational FUN mummy, I want to raise children who come from a respectful and calm house, I never want them to be scared of me. So it seems WE are keeping our housework under control, I've managed to control my depression, I've started tackling my physical health, and I'm working on improving my parenting, all in all this year is going so WELL so far, if this is the layout for the rest of the year, it is surely going to be a GREAT year!

I better get going, I had a phone call earlier on today, I have to work 9-7 tomorrow, of course I don't want to, but I'd be a fool to turn down $30 an hour for a 9 hour shift!

No comments: