Friday, March 7, 2008

One beer musings

33 hours down, 4 to go. My feet are about to fall off I'm sure of it. My eyes are hanging out of my head. My feet are swollen and aching. My back aches. Every inch of my body aches. Why did I want to go back to work? That's right a little thing called money, so we could have extra of it. Although my childcare fees are going to double, and petrol is going to cost me at LEAST $90 a week. AT LEAST! I keep telling myself, "You are building your super, AND will have extra money" ad keep ignoring the fact that I am doing an unskilled labour intensive job, SOMEONE has to stack shelves right? Or all the rich people wouldn't be able to eat. Right? Yes Amber.
I've set up a contribution of $20 per week to my super, which means as a low income earner the government will contribute quite a bit to my super, okay so $1500 a year might not seem like a LOT, but it's $1500 I wouldn't have had otherwise! Instead of one payment, I get 3 payments. You know you are nerdy when you are 43 years off retiring, and you are getting excited about your super.

What else? I've changed the account my pay goes into, because we don't budget for the money if it goes into my regular bank account, I fritter it away here and there, but never have anything to show for it, but by not having ready access to it, means that I have to put some thought into spending it first. I have a few bills I want to get cleared up, then I want to save some money, and then start funelling some money into our loans. It's hard to be financially dedicated, it's so nice having that extra money, but 12 months of being strict will set us up for life. No joke! We have to renovate the house, make it bigger and do some improvements. That' s it. We have no need to buy anything else, we now have a car that can comfortably fit in more kids. Our debt is under control, and soon we will be paying a stack off our debts, and have them paid off quicksmart, which will mean we will have so much money left over, to save, or pay off the house, or even go on our first family holiday, now THAT would be nice!

Strict, Budget, Lifetime Setup! It is totally achieveable with a bit of dedication.

No comments: